Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday: Interview with Madi

INTERVIEW WITH MADI



Thank you for letting me interview you, Madi.

1. Today I want to get at the core of your diva-ness. So furst I want to ask you how you got your name. 

Oh Ruthie that is a very good question!!  Mom and Dad said it was easier to pick out a name for my human sister than it was to pick out one for me...Evidently that was the start of my diva-ness. MOL  Mom wanted to name me after the first vet to give me a check up.  Her name was Dr. Clancy.  Dad said I was too sweet and petite to be named Clancy… he said that sounded like a policeman's name.  Then the thought of Cinder and Gracie because of my gray furs...but that was nixed too.  I was listed as Kitty M on my cage at the adoption center.  So they decided to name me something starting with an M....my full name is Madison because mom thought is sounded fancy.  They shortened it to Madi.  HOWEVER, Mom said if she had waited a few days she would have noticed that I was indeed a Diva and probably named me Diva. MOL I bet you are sorry you asked that question.  FYI:  I'm a Southern kitty and we Southern ladies never answer a question in less than 10 sentences.

 
2. As I understand from a famous photo of you, you are superiorly soft. I think my lady readers would like to hear more about this. How do you achieve this? Was it something you were born with?


When Mom and Dad brought me home they just knew I would be a short haired kitty but alas I fooled them.  In no time it was obvious I was going to have a very thick birthday suit.
Mom started getting me accustomed to brushing very early.  I absolutely adore being brushed...another Diva trait.  Every evening at about 8ish I stand by the end table where Mom keeps my brush and of course if she doesn't pay immediate attention I give her a good tongue lashing.


3. What is your beauty routine? 

A. I must get at least 22 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep...and that is hard to do around here.

B. Of course my brushing by Mom.  I do a very good job of keeping my furs clean, washing behind my ears, in between my toes… and of course I wash the nether regions...thoroughly.  Mom says I don't do a very good job keeping my eyes clean so she has to do that.


4. How does a girl develop that air of command that you embody?

MOL I'm purrty sure I was born with it...although Mom tries to take credit for it. She says she spoils me ROTTEN.



5. What does a queen like you eat for breakfast?

My diet is as follows: Promptly at 6 am

My filter water fountain must have fresh water in it every morning,
Mom watches my waist line like a hawk.  She divides an itty bitty can of Fancy Feast into 6 sections. I get one of the sections in the morning...I especially like all of the seafood flavors.
I also get 1/3 of a cup of Purina One for Senior kitties... (I am 10 you know and that is considered Senior). 


6. What is your favorite diva snack? 
I am a creature of habit and routine...EVERY evening between 7 and 7:30 (depending on when Mom takes her shower) I receive 6 or 8 Whiskas or Natural Sensation treats... yes Mom counts the itty bitty treats.  Dang that woman and her obsession with my waistline.

 

7. Now you are well known among the dogs in our community here in Blogville. How do you, as a cat, feel about this?
My very first blogging friends were dogs.  I felt very honored that they would treat me just like one of the K9s.  Every single one of them have been super duper extra especially nice to me.  Mom and I love all creatures great and small.  Actually I have a K9 to thank for my home.  Mom said Toto, the mighty mini Dachshund, who was the first family pet 37 years ago, paved the way for all the family pets.  She actually says that compared to the first family feline, who evidently was defective, MOL, I have about 95% Doxie-tude. I am nothing at all like their first cat. MOL I'm unique!

8. What does your mom call you when she is mad at you?

Ahhhhh Ruthie I'm a cat I do no wrong...


9. What do you call your mom when you are mad at her?

When I'm mad at mom I call her MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and I threaten her with demerits

10.  What other diva tips would you like to share with us?

A.   Let it be known early on what is required in order to keep you happy and accept no substitutes
B.    Do not tolerate lazy humans
      
C.    Always make the two leggers come to you
D.   Never give up a good sleeping spot...well unless you are physically manhandled and moved against your will....if that happens jump on their bladders in the middle of the night
E.    Last but not least always be thankful for your 2 leggers even when they do not do everything you ask 'cause they love you unconditionally and you should return that love.

Ruthie thank you for this very fine interview you are absolutely a first class professional reporter and of course you are my BFF,
Sincerely,
Madi

22 comments:

  1. Woof!It's nice to know so much more about Madi! Woof! How did you chose her? Woof! Eklutena. (Echo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, thank you slouch for this in-depth interview with one of our favorite kitties. Those 5 steps to diva-dom are priceless. I have already begun to implement some of them!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh RUTHIE... DIVA MADISON did a Tree Men Dos job with her answers... AND this would be WHY she was so INSTANTLY Accepted by all the Dawgs.. THIS is a GIRL after our own hearts.

    You certainly Chose Perfect Questions for her.

    OUTSTANDING... Both of YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great interview with Madi! She sure is beautiful. I love that a Doxie paved the way for her....

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruthie thank you very very much for the opportunity to answer these
    Thought provoking questions. You are a most talented and professional journalist. Oprah better watch out Ruthie is a rising star
    Hugs fro Madi your BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! We love Madi and we have learned a ton about her here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo-Hoo, great innerview! We love Madi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for that very informative interview. I love Madi and it is so great to learn more things about her. She is my Diva girly pal and I love her.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruthie, you are a great reporter. The interview is fun and informative. I enjoyed reading every single line. Thank you!!!!

    I'll be back,
    Sankissjuice

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cats have to train their humans, too???

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous interview of Miss Madi, you are an excellent reporter. We have been blogging friends with Madi for some time now and your excellent questions gave us additional information on her divaness.

    Purrs,
    Cindi Lou & The Kitty Krew

    ReplyDelete
  12. Madi is one of my most fave Bloggers! I just love her! She is teaching me how to be a Diva too!
    Lovies, Miss Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview! And we learned a few things about Madi, like how her name came to be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Madi is amazing, and so is this interview. loved reading about you Madi. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great in depth reporting... Miss Madi is a princess for sure

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruthie, I just loved this interview, especially #8 & 10!
    Madi is such a Diva feline! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent interview Ruthie, you is a natural reporter. Of course havin' such a fascinatin' and beOOtiful interviewee makes your job so much easier. Madi is da best and so is you!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  18. Madi is another one of my BFF's! Oh, I just luvs her to bits! I liked her answers, especially the one abouts not tolerating lazy humans. I have to work on that one cuz my mom is being lazy today and hasn't taken us for our walkies yet. Can you imagine? Maybe I need to have Madi call her and give her a tongue-lashing.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anothergreat interview! Madi, we loved hearing about the origin of your name. We think you could be called Diva Madi too:) Mom wishes you would tell us what she needs to do to make us love brushing too.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great post Ruthie! Me did not know some of those things about Madi! You must be the bestest interviewer ever!
    Thanks for such a great post1
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Go Madi! My assistant took very careful notes and with your help, hopes to find her inner diva!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woof! I need Finn's help! Woof! Here i the 2 part message to Finn:
    Dear Finn,
    My Cat friend, Kepsey, is nice. But his claws are to sharp. Woof! Whenever I try to play, he scratches me! Woof! It hurts! When I sit by him, he scratches me! Woof!
    From,
    Echo

    Dear Finn.
    I am Kepsey. I will tell you about Echo. When he comes by me he hits me with his paw. It hurts. He wanted me to speak to you about this problem, so here I am. I do want to be friends with Echo. He just tries to chew me. We need help.
    Kepsey.

    Woof! Thank You! Woof!

    ReplyDelete